Tuesday, April 8, 2008

So it begins!

We have finally finished all of our documents. All that's left is to finish our site, update our documents to reflect any changes we made, test, debug, and ship! Yeah...easier said than done.

Jared, Jason, and to an extent Jonathan are well versed in PHP and how the tools work. Andy seems to have a basic understanding and I think Daniel understands it as well. Me, well, quite frankly, I know absolutely nothing about this. When I joined up I figured all this website stuff would be easy. We would write some HTML, which I knew little of to begin with, and have a fancy website running. Nope. Turns out there are all these tools, modules, scripts, servers, securities and stuff to take care of. There are a lot of tools available to help, but dag-nabbit, still goes over my head.

Through the first part of this project I've managed to keep busy by helping with the documents, but now as we have arrived to actually producing something, I'm a bit nervous. It should be ok though. We have a lot of resources at our disposal not to mention Jared and Jason seem to know what's going on, so I can always ask them. Currently, I have asked the team to assign me the easier stuff that won't be critical or highly depended on. This way I can contribute something but not be a hindrance to the rest of the team.

We'll see what happens, if I can't contribute to the core part, I'll help in other ways. There is still a document to maintain and people to manage... bwahaha :D

No comments: