Sunday, April 20, 2008

Infinite frustration

For the former part of the week I got stuck working on a parallel programming project so that took up a lot of my time. I finished that up Wednesday night and started "working" on the MixCD project on Thursday... to no avail.

For the most part I'm still confused on the PHP, I'm trying really hard on figuring out how Drupal interacts with the code we write. Jared has explained it a few times, but I still fail to see the connection.

But back to the project and the Find module I'm supposed to be working on with Jason. I've tried to get a hold of Jason so we can collaborate on the module, but I can't seem to get a response. He had sent a message to the group, primarily to Jared, regarding some info on the module, but he didn't state if he had made any progress on it either or if he wanted me to do anything. I'll try again to message him and see what I can do to help.

Speaking of Jared, on Thursday I spoke with him and apparently he wrote a good 80% of the find module. It basically takes information out of the database, based on Zip code or State and, for the moment, prints out the returned array. This has utterly made me feel useless and my frustration is growing that I haven't actually produced any code or anything tangible (aside from documentation).

I'll keep looking at what we have and try and figure stuff out. However, I may have to request to work on something else. Maybe do more documentation or figure out a way to test the site. I'll see what the group says.

No comments: